AKASA, Inc. (“AKASA” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, process, and share your personal information, and to help you understand and exercise your privacy rights.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you visit our Site or interact with our advertisements, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Personal Information You Provide to Us Directly
Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our services, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend or host conferences, trade shows, and other events.
Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Site. If you respond to one of these postings, we may collect your personal information, such as your application, CV, cover letter, and/or any other information you provide to us.
B. Personal Information Collected Automatically
Automatic Collection of Personal Information. We may collect certain information automatically when you use visit our Site, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Site, such as pages that you visit before, during and after you visit our Site, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Site.
C. Personal Information Collected from Other Sources
Third-Party Services and Sources. We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you attend a conference or event that we sponsor, we may receive personal information about you from the third-party host in accordance with their privacy practices.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Business Purposes. We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- operate, improve, and protect our Site,
- respond to requests about AKASA and its business,
- provide information about our services,
- market our services, including tailoring any content and advertisements provided to you,
- process applications if you apply for a job we’ve posted on our Site,
- enforce our policies and agreements, and
- carry out any other activities that are required to comply with our legal obligations.
With Your Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as demographic information, information about the device from which you access our Site, or other analyses we create.
We also use your personal information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, as discussed below. But we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third parties.
A. Disclosures to Operate the Site and Market our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are described below.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and vendors that assist us with the operation of our Site and our marketing efforts. This includes service providers and vendors that provide us with IT support, hosting, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information with business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates.
B. Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to and Portability of Your Personal Information, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format (also known as the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion of your personal information;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information; and
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. Please note that your withdrawal will only take effect for future processing, and will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using or accessing our Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Site.
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain additional rights, as further described in our Supplemental Notice for California Residents. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth in Contact Us below.
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth in Contact Us below.
11. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Site and our services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
12. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Site may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. If your personal information is subject to the applicable data protection laws of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or attorney general if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.