We all need inspiration sometimes. These AI and automation quotes will get you thinking about what the future holds for healthcare technology and operations. From leaders like Bill Gates to experts like Sebastian Thrun, learn what top minds are saying about AI and automation.
Automation technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI), are not novel ideas by any means, but they have garnered a lot of attention in recent years as all types of industries have embraced the technologies to be more efficient, save time, and enable scalability. This increase in attention is also due in part to the increasingly intelligent automation available.
Most industries are still in the beginning stages of full, widespread adoption of AI, and the potential to transform business and society as a whole has not yet been fully realized. But, many industries are implementing AI in different forms, from the mechanization of business processes to the digital transformation of commerce to the dream of proper self-driving cars.
Take healthcare, where AI in particular, is already being used to detect diseases and cancer at earlier stages, identify at-risk patients, and develop new drugs. While these applications are impressive, there’s room to grow. Experts say AI will likely continue to have applications in healthcare like care delivery, clinical decision support, prevention and wellness, and the revenue cycle.
In fact, according to a recent AKASA survey, 78% of health systems are currently using — or are in the process of implementing — automation in their revenue cycle operations, up 12% year over year.
Whether you’re starting out with automation and artificial intelligence solutions, or have already seen the positive impact these technologies can have on your hospital or healthcare system, these AI and automation quotes from well-known leaders across industries will inspire you on your journey to new heights of business success.
Automation is the embodiment of the old adage, “work smarter, not harder.” But, automation is much more complex than simply flipping an “on” switch and improving your workflows.
Like AI, automation is rapidly evolving and changing in application and functionality — from improving workflows in the healthcare revenue cycle to bolstering marketing efforts for your organization.
Draw inspiration from these motivational automation quotes, coming from the top minds in the field:
1. There’s a lot of automation that can happen that isn’t a replacement of humans, but of mind-numbing behavior.
~ Stewart Butterfield
2. “Automation is driving the decline of banal and repetitive tasks.” —Amber Rudd
3. “You cannot endow even the best machine with initiative.” —Walter Lippmann
4. ”The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” —Bill Gates
5. “Rather than wringing our hands about robots taking over the world, smart organizations will embrace strategic automation use cases. Strategic decisions will be based on how the technology will free up time to do the types of tasks that humans are uniquely positioned to perform.” —Clara Shih
6. “Whatever you are studying right now, if you are not getting up to speed on deep learning, neural networks, etc., you lose. We are going through the process where software will automate software, automation will automate automation.” —Mark Cuban
7. “I couldn’t tell you in any detail how my computer works. I use it with a layer of automation.” — Conrad Wolfram
8. “Automation is good, so long as you know exactly where to put the machine.” —Eliyahu Goldratt
9. “Automation is cost-cutting by tightening the corners and not cutting them.” —Haresh Sippy
10. “You’re either the one that creates the automation or you’re getting automated.” —Tom Preston-Werner
11. The more we reduce ourselves to machines in the lower things, the more force we shall set free to use in the higher.
~ Anna Brackett
12. “Automation does not need to be our enemy. I think machines can make life easier for men, if men do not let the machines dominate them.” —John F. Kennedy
13. “One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.” — Elbert Hubbard
14. “I think the automation of vision is a much bigger deal than the invention of perspective.” —Trevor Paglen
15. “Marketing automation is the technology that propels your business into a new era of relationship based marketing with quantifiable results. When powerful technology meets effective implementation and internal process management, your company will soon find itself on a journey that leads to new heights of business success..” — Jon Miller
16. “As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again. The age of automation is going to be the age of ‘do it yourself.’ ” —Marshall McLuhan
17. “In many cases, jobs that used to be done by people are going to be able to be done through automation. I don’t have an answer to that. That’s one of the more perplexing problems of society.” —John Sculley
18. “I think one of the most interesting things about automation isn’t on the practical side. I think it’s about creating magic and wonder and moments of splendor.” —Genevieve Bell
19. “Software is the language of automation.” —Jensen Huang
20. “Automation and technology would be a great boon if it were creative, if there were more leisure, more opportunity to engage in raising a family, providing guidance to the young, all the stuff we say we need. America will work if we’re all in it together. It’ll work when there’s a shared sense of destiny. It can be done!” —Jerry Brown
21. “This may be the age of automation, but love is still being made by hand.” —Evan Esar
Artificial intelligence is always advancing and changing. Being the case, opinions and thoughts on AI tend to vary—a lot. From philosophical takes on AI to talks of machine learning, here are some of the best AI quotes.
22. “Nobody phrases it this way, but I think that artificial intelligence is almost a humanities discipline. It’s really an attempt to understand human intelligence and human cognition.” —Sebastian Thrun
23. “Artificial intelligence would be the ultimate version of Google. The ultimate search engine that would understand everything on the web. It would understand exactly what you wanted, and it would give you the right thing. We’re nowhere near doing that now. However, we can get incrementally closer to that, and that is basically what we work on.” —Larry Page
24. “Some people call this artificial intelligence, but the reality is this technology will enhance us. So instead of artificial intelligence, I think we’ll augment our intelligence.” —Ginni Rometty
25. “The key to artificial intelligence has always been the representation.”—Jeff Hawkins
26. “It’s going to be interesting to see how society deals with artificial intelligence, but it will definitely be cool.” —Colin Angle
27. “Technology, through automation and artificial intelligence, is definitely one of the most disruptive sources.”—Alain Dehaze
28. Anything that could give rise to smarter-than-human intelligence — in the form of artificial intelligence, brain-computer interfaces, or neuroscience-based human intelligence enhancement — wins hands down beyond contest as doing the most to change the world. Nothing else is even in the same league.
~ Eliezer Yudkowsky
29. “Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower.” —Alan Kay
30. “Those of us in machine learning are really good at doing well on a test set, but unfortunately deploying a system takes more than doing well on a test set. All of AI…has a proof-of-concept-to-production gap.” —Andrew NG
31. “Dig into every industry, and you’ll find AI changing the nature of work.”—Daniela Rus
32. Automation platforms that employ artificial intelligence and machine learning, coupled with guiding expertise from industry veterans, are the best answer to help us create the premier revenue cycle management department of the future.
~ Varun Ganapathi, Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder at AKASA
You’ll notice the above quotes are all incredibly varied, from views on automation to automation’s application to the future of automation. So, what’s next for automation?
Simply put: there’s no surefire way to know. Some industries may find clever ways to automate old roles, while others may use automation to streamline processes not even in motion yet.
At AKASA, we can say with certainty that we’ll continue pushing automation to the limits, finding new ways to streamline healthcare operations and the revenue cycle and ease the ever-increasing burden placed on American healthcare systems.
To learn how AKASA can use automation to make your healthcare operations more efficient, schedule a free demo today.
Prior authorization is a vital function of the healthcare revenue cycle. Although it’s seemingly simple and straightforward, in reality,...
Prior authorization is a vital function of the healthcare revenue cycle. While vital, prior auth is also one of...
While healthcare itself is often in flux, with changing payer rules and patient volumes, healthcare as an industry is...
Prior authorization is a critical part of the healthcare revenue cycle and patient access. But because it requires several...
Prior authorization is a necessary function of healthcare revenue cycle management. But like most things in healthcare, it’s neither...
Prior authorization is a necessary function of the healthcare revenue cycle, but it’s also a significant pain point for...
Prior authorization is at the heart of the revenue cycle. It’s also at the heart of many headaches, for...
Healthcare is notoriously slow at adapting and incorporating new technologies into day-to-day operations. Healthcare lags behind as one of...