News and Press
Just the Facts.
At AKASA, we believe every dollar spent on healthcare matters because healthcare matters to everyone. Our mission is to remedy the financial complexity crippling healthcare in America. The first Unified Automation™ company for healthcare, AKASA uses the same machine learning approaches that made driverless cars possible to provide health systems with a single solution for automating revenue cycle operations. AKASA enables health systems and hospitals to decrease their cost to collect so they can invest more in patient care and be better stewards of the healthcare dollar.
About the AKASA name:
- AKASA is a Sanskrit word that refers to sky, space or aether (ether). In medieval science there were four classic elements: earth, water, air, and fire. AKASA or aether was a proposed “5th element” used to explain natural phenomena such as the traveling of light and gravity before there was scientific understanding of these concepts.
- In healthcare, there are also the four fundamental elements known as “the four Ps”: Patients, Providers, Payers and Pharma. All of these “Ps” have challenges navigating the “5th element” of healthcare or the financial infrastructure of our industry. AKASA’s Unified Automation™ remedies financial complexity in healthcare.
- AKASA’s Unified Automation™ adapts to the highly dynamic nature of revenue cycle operations and has been purpose-built for healthcare. AKASA’s unique expert-in-the-loop approach combines modern machine learning with human judgment and subject matter expertise to deliver robust and resilient automation.
The four founders include:
- Malinka Walaliyadde – CEO
- Varun Ganapathi – CTO
- Andy Atwal – VP of Engineering
- Ben Beadle-Ryby – VP of Operations
- Andreessen Horowitz (a16z)
- Costanoa Ventures
The company is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley:
400 Oyster Point Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080